Jack Fletcher is Young Samurai
One year of training in samurai school and Jack is in real trouble…
He’s struggling to prepare for the Circle of Three, an ancient ritual that tests courage, skill and spirit to the limit. At the same time, Jack is caught in a running battle with fellow student Kazuki and his gang.
But these are the least of Jack’s problems. He knows his deadly rival—the ninja Dragon Eye—could strike at any moment. Jack possesses the very thing he will kill for.
Can Jack master the Way of the Sword in time to survive a fight to the death?
"A fantastic adventure that floors the reader on page one and keeps them there until the end." - Eoin Colfer, author of the bestselling Artemis Fowl series
"Fierce fiction...captivating for young readers." - Daily Telegraph
"Addictive." -Evening Standard
This section is currently a work in progress. Feel free to add onto it with relevant information.
In the prologue, two ninja - a teacher and a student - are in a secret room. The student is learning about dokujutsu, the art of poison, and the teacher is detailing what the sting of a Deathstalker scorpion will do. The student is then stung by the scorpion and, after the teacher informs her that this particular specimen is not deadly, collapses to the floor, falling unconscious.
- Jack Fletcher - hero of the Young Samurai series
- Akiko – daughter of Dāte Hiroko and niece of Masamoto
- Masamoto Yamato – second son of Masamoto
- Masamoto Takeshi – samurai swordmaster and founder of the Niten Ichi Ryū school
- Dokugan Ryu – one-eyed ninja and Jack's sworn enemy
- Sensei Kano Mikio - sensei of Bōjutsu
- Sensei Hosokawa – sensei of Kenjutsu
- Kazuki – student rival of Jack
- Hiroto – accomplice of Kazuki and member of the Scorpion Gang
- Moriko – black-toothed samurai from the rival Yagyu Ryū
- Sensei Kyuzo Isamu – sensei of Taijutsu
- Saburo – the talkative friend of Jack
- Takatomi Hideaki – daimyo of Kyoto
- Sensei Yamada Izumi – sensei of Zen
- Yori – the quiet, mouse-like friend of Jack
- Sensei Yosa Hoshi – sensei of Kyujutsu—female
- Tadashi - cheat in the Circle of Three